Saturday, December 5, 2009

So what is this all about?

Welcome to my blog about my own journey through life with Insulin resistance (pre-diabetes) and Hypothyroidism (under active thyroid).

I decided to share my story, because like many others for a long time I suffered from various symptoms that could have been almost anything and it took years (!!) and persistence on my behalf (many times against the better judgement of my GP) to get the correct diagnosis, treatment and counseling.

I am not expert and no doctor but in this crazy world, with its rapid pace and wealth of information, one has to become one's own doctor simply in order to survive.

By no means does anything on this blog constitute medical advice and/or replaces consulting a professional physician.

In this blog I will tell about my own story and experiences and share tips, recipes and information bits that might be useful for many people - diagnosed and undiagnosed alike. The dietary guidelines I follow are easy and logical and even healthy people will benefit from them.

1 comment:

  1. You actually need herbal thyroid supplements . But before taking any medicine for thyroid health, you have to undergo thyroid diagnosis first. This is important to learn the correct dosage that you need to undertake later on. Of course, it is important to know if the product suits you.

    ReplyDelete