Friday, October 28, 2011

New diagnosis - new battle plans

After getting the Candidiasis diagnosis I started reading and I was absolutely gutted. As it turns out, there are many types of Candida, some even lethal (!). The myriad of symptoms they cause include (but not limited to): Depression, Osteoarthritis, Diabetes, Hyperlipidemia (high blood fats - triglycerides and cholesterol), thyroid problems (especially hypo), heavy menstrual periods, anemia, recurring throat infections, upper respiratory tract infections, weight gain (of course), bloating, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), NAFLD (Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease), chronic fatigue and many many more. 


Because Candida cannot be treated by conventional medicine (i.e drugs) most conventional doctors don't think much of it to the point of dismissing it completely. At the same time the havoc it reaks in the human body and the symptoms are the cause of so many cases of Candida misdiagnosis and that's a worrying phenomenon. Just think of how many people are out there thinking, believing that they suffer from horrible diseases and taking the drugs (not to mention more invasive treatments) for it when all they have is Candida from which they can be rid of they just change their lifestyle and follow a very straight forward diet.



I started thinking, what if I've been carrying this for over 10 years? What if all my problems have been nothing more than Candida symptoms? Could it that had I been tested and treated for it 10 years ago I could have avoided my thyroid surgery?

Let me tell you something, dwelling on the past is not very productive. After the shock, the anger and the slight depression I reminded myself that there is no use crying over spilled milk and I decided to regain control.

At least I have a clear diagnosis and the treatment is very straight forward: Special diet and anti fungals (herbs).
I knew it would take a few months so I braced myself and started the plan.

The specific plan for me includes: 

1. Liver cleansing - 1 month of a diet from hell (but it worked!)
2. Candida diet - as long as it takes

accompanied by:
3. Strength training
4. Acupuncture



3 comments:

  1. My husband discovered recently that he suffers from hypothyroidism. We decided to buy desiccated thyroid supplements and find out if it truly works. After a few months of using it, it really gives relief from many frustrating symptoms like weight gain, extreme tiredness and difficulty sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very interesting. Thank you for the link. I will be sure to check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete